Excited by that picture above? Then saddened when you realize it says you need to buy the new Medal of Honor? Although the next iteration of EA’s other modern day FPS is looking pretty good, the last game may deter you from throwing down money. Still, how else are we going to get into the Battlefield 4 beta?
Battlefield 3 is a damn good game. It got even better with Premium, some would say. Of course you would expect tons and tons of gamers are excited about a Battlefield 4 beta.
Thankfully Ian, a Battlefield 3 Community Manager, took to reddit and explained some details about the upcoming (read: one year away) beta, some details about the game, and how closely EA and DICE are watching what the players are saying.
Seeing a lot of questions about the Battlefield 4 beta announce and thought that’d I make a thread where you can find official, definitive information and help to address some concerns that I’m seeing.
- The beta will be in Fall of 2013. We don’t have a BF4 release date yet but, of course, it will be after the beta.
- We will continue to support BF3. DICE and EA are dedicated to continuing our support for Battlefield 3. Just as we’ve continued to support and maintain Bad Company 2, we intend to continue providing the best Battlefield 3 experience we can well into the future and past the release of End Game and Battlefield 4.
- There are several teams at DICE. Starting work on Battlefield 4 does not mean that we will be abandoning Battlefield 3 or working any less hard to bring you the best expansions we can.
- Your feedback absolutely matters. We will continue to use it to improve BF3 and to make Battlefield 4 even better from day one.
- Official details regarding BF4 will always be on Battlefield.com/battlefield-4. We expect there to be a lot of rumours and speculation – don’t fall for it!
Let me know if you guys have other concerns. Obviously, at this point there are some things that we don’t know or that we’re keeping under wraps.
Today’s a busy day so it may take me some time to get back to you – thanks for your patience!
EDIT: Additional points of clarification
- There will be other ways to get into the beta aside from MoH Warfighter. At this time, however, it is the only way to guarantee entry.
- We’ve been seeing a lot of concerns about the pacing of release (i.e. “only” two years after BF3). I think it’s worth noting that DICE has released a Battlefield game every two years or sooner AND Mirror’s Edge at least every two years. I truly believe that we’re in one of the best positions to be creating our next title – Frostbite 2 has matured, we’ve been gathering fan feedback like crazy, Battlefield 3 continues to expand with features which we can learn from, and we’ve got more data about how people play than ever.
EDIT: Additional clarification
Things that we recognize that there is a serious desire for, including but not exclusive to:
- A better VOIP solution
- Battle Recorder
- Spectator Mode
- More robust eSports support