BundleStars deviated from its standard game bundle release and launched its first “Pay What You Want” bundle today, The Fire and Ice Bundle, making it available for a limited time period. This is BundleStars’ fourth Indie PC games bundle, and the first to use a “Pay What You Want” model, where gamers can purchase the entire Fire and Ice Bundle for a minimum $4.94 or try the first two games for $1.25 (prices are set in UK Pound Sterling – conversions accurate at time of writing). Players who pay more than the minimum amount will get a chance to win a PC CD-Rom with 32 titles from Iceberg Interactive, valued at over $800. Five beta keys to StarDrive, a highly anticipated 4X sci-fi strategy title, will also be given away to the top five contributors. The Bundle consists of 8 never-before-bundled titles along with two mystery titles. The 8 bundled games are:
- Tiny Troopers – An action-strategy title where the player leads a group of tiny troopers in saving hostages and taking down enemies through 30 missions.
- Airport Control Simulator – A flight simulator, only the player plays as the Air Traffic Controller and manages airplanes’ speeds, altitudes, and directions to and from multiple airports.
- Adam’s Venture – The first title in an eponymous adventure series where the player takes control of Adam Venture in his quest to find the Garden of Eden.
- Adam’s Venture 2 – The second title of the series that finds Adam and his crew in the middle of a vicious plot as they dig for King Solomon’s treasure.
- Armada 2526 – A sci-fi strategy title where the player takes charge of his own galactic empire and establishes his realm over the ruins of his rivals.
- Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder – A horror-adventure game inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s work, where the player attempts to solve a murder shrouded in haunting mysteries.
- Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage – Following the series’ H.P. Lovecraft horror-adventure style, the sequel provides closure for the entire case started in the first title.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter – A first person firefighting game where players pump water at life-threatening flames across 9 levels.
Gamers can buy the bundle or the first two games at the BundleStars website (www.BundleStars.com) and redeem their games through Steam. BundleStars directs 5% of its proceeds to charity. Check out the bundle trailer below: