Square Enix and Nintendo deffinetely will show off more, like I dont know a little game called FFversusXIII?! Seriously, if they dont show it I'm going to feint.
A Few Predictions For E3 2012
E3 2012 may be two and a half months away, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make some predictions!
This will mark my third year at the industry’s biggest show, and each year has its shares of surprises. There are games that come out of left field and surprise me, games that live up to their potentials, and announcements that leave my head scratching. This will be a rapid fire post of predictions, so try to keep up.
Microsoft: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3 New Ending DLC, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, GTA V, MGS: Revengeance, More Video Partnerships (WWE being one of them), A Handful of Kinect Games, Children Playing Those Kinect Games. FINAL IMPRESSION: Impressive demos of games we knew about, but other than GTA V no real surprises.
Ubisoft: Hosted by “Mr. Adderall,” Far Cry 3, Assassin’s Creed 3, Just Dance Kids Kinect Summer Jam 4, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC, Rabbids Go Back Home, Rainbow Six: Patriots, Tom Clancy MMO (you heard it here first!), New Splinter Cell. FINAL IMPRESSION: Impressive demos and a few surprises, plus no more caffeine guy.
Sony: Vita this. Vita that. Games for Vita. HEY LOOK IT’S THE VITA. Oh, and God of War 4, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us, Assassin’s Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Hitman: Absolution, and The Last Guardian. FINAL IMPRESSION: Another year of impressive third-party support and VITA!!!!!!!!
EA: Cancelled for a 85-minute “What The FTC Does For You” session.
Nintendo: Revamped Wii U that fixes every critique from last year but still somehow pisses people off, Launch line-up including massive third-party support, Metroid 3DS, Last Story, Epic Mickey 2, Majora’s Mask 3DS, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS with cross-platform play. FINAL IMPRESSION: Nintendo does everything the critics tell them to, but still get banished to 1000 years of financial duress by financial sorcerer Michael Pachter. That’s what he does, right?
- Capcom: Demos for Resident Evil 6 and whatever they announce at their Captivate event in April. Problem is, everyone is too busy complaining about Dragon’s Dogma’s on-disc DLC RE6 demo to care.
- Square Enix: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, and playable demos of Kingdom Hearts 3 that malfunction and don’t work for the entire three days.
- Bethesda: Demos for Dishonored and Prey 2, but the announcement of the first Skyrim DLC taking place in Morrowind will be the only thing anyone talks about.
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance. That’s it. Because what the hell else does Konami have that we know about? Unless they have all four aces up their sleeve, expect a lot of Raiden slicing Gekkos in half.
- Namco: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Inversion, the latter with a big sign that says: “THIS LAUNCHED WHILE YOU WERE HERE. DON’T FORGET WHEN YOU GET HOME.”
- Sega: Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sonic 4: Episode 2, Anarchy Reigns, and the London Olympic Games 2012 game. not much else going on there, to the point where I don’t even have a witty remark to make about them.
- THQ: WWE ’13, Homefront 2, Devil’s Third, Darksiders 2, and a handful of games that are slated for 2013-2014…just to keep the morale up.
- Take-Two: Probably the most impressive overall lineup. Bioshock Infinite, Spec Ops: The Line, both X-Com games, and of course GTA V are only what’s on the top of my head. Watch out for 2K this year people, they mean business.
- Disney Interactive: Epic Mickey 2 and the game based on the next Pixar movie, Brave. The booth will sport a karaoke soundstage where attendees can sing their favorite Disney tunes, and each performance will be recorded on a flying camera that never sets itself in the right place.
- Warner Bros Interactive: Mortal Kombat Vita, and that’s only if it doesn’t release before the show. These guys might set the “biggest dip in booth visitors from year to year” record after having Batman last year.
- Atlus: Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 on Vita will be the big items, but no one will see it because the booth is out on the concourse, not in either of the main halls. I missed Catherine last year for that specific reason.
Top 15 of E3 2012
NOTE: This list is subject to change, as announcements and new info about upcoming games will send this list into a tailspin more than once. It’s friggin’ mid-March. Give me a break.
14. Epic Mickey 2
13. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
12. Far Cry 3
11. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
10. Halo 4
9. Hitman: Absolution
8. Prey 2
7. Tomb Raider
6. The Last of Us
5. Assassin’s Creed 3
4. Resident Evil 6
3. Bioshock Infinite
2. GTA V
1. Yet to be announced (just a feeling I have)
There’s plenty more speculation to be had before June 3rd hits and I get on that plane, and I’m sure there will be another article or two before the show, but for now this is what I got. MAN, I love this time of year.
Fixed it for you, I bet you my predictions are closer then yours: Microsoft: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, MGS: Revengeance, Assassin's Creed 3, Epic Mickey 2, A sh!t ton of Kinect Games, Children Playing Those Kinect Games. FINAL IMPRESSION: Lame Kinect demos of games we knew about or will never care about, other then Assassins Creed 3. Sony: Vita games, God of War 4, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands 2, and The Last Guardian. FINAL IMPRESSION: Another awesome year of impressive first and third-party support and VITA!!!!!!!! Nintendo: Revamped Wii U that fixes every critique from last year but still somehow pisses people off, Launch line-up including large third-party support, Metroid 3DS, Last Story, and Smash Bros Wii U. FINAL IMPRESSION: Nintendo does everything the critics tell them to, but still manage to not please there hardcore fan base.
I think we'll see GTAV at the Sony conference instead of MS Really a top 15 list and no "The Last of Us" yet the same old boring Call of Duty which won't do anything new
Thank you for pointing that horrible omission out. Fixed. That's what I get for choosing 2 AM as my prime writing time.
I think Jay's top 15 is a speculated list from the other press outlets. I hope it's not his own list. O_O